Rare 1965 Oscar de la Renta for Jane Derby Embellished Silk Gown
This product is currently sold out.
This is an incredible Museum quality vintage gown by designer Oscar de la Renta, from his very early years of his design career. Like a work of art, this gown has a truly dizzying effect to the senses. Bold swaths of color appear to be painted on the dress, and rhinestones and paillettes are sprinkled on throughout.
The dress has an attached cape on top which has silk covered snaps to keep it closed in the back. You could also wear this dress without the cape if you wanted.
Label: Oscar de la Renta for Jane Derby
- The outer fabric is a metallic silk which gives it it's strong and shiny appearance.
- The fabric appears to be hand painted or silk screened- it's a very unique alomst-watercolor effect like print.
- Fully lined in a vibrant purple silk crepe fabric.
- Couture quality Hand-finishing details on the hemlines and appliqués.
- Large reflective metallic paillettes are hand appliqued with studded/prong-set sparkling rhinestones.
Best Fit/Size: 4
- Bust: 32"-34"
- Waist: 26"
- Hips: free/44"
- Length: 53"
Condition: Excellent/Pristine. The gown looks as if it was never worn; it appears to have been stored away very nicely over the years. It is in truly immaculate condition!